Saturday, August 21, 2010

What are some tips or some advice you can give me?

about 7 weeks pregnant with first child and turning 20 this decemberWhat are some tips or some advice you can give me?
have a baby shower early (around 5-6 months) to see what all you get.


Get the nursery done by the late 7th month while you still have energy.


SHOP CRAIGSLIST for other items you didn't get at the shower! You would be surpsied at the savings!


Get your finances in order now and if you have to pay for babysitting, budget for it now!What are some tips or some advice you can give me?
Great tips from John's Mommy. Keep your crib safe. The recommendations are to have nothing in the crib or bassinet except the mattress and a tight fitting fitted sheet. No blankets, pillows, toys, bumper, etc in the crib for the first few months. Use a sleep sack if its cold to keep the baby warm. You can buy those at walmart, carters, etc. This is to ensure that the baby can not accidentally suffocate in its sleep.


Try to breastfeed if possible, it is best for baby. Don't feel guilty if you can't , feeding your baby formula is ok too. Only Breast milk and/or formula for about the first 4 months.


Limit the # of people that can see the baby and you the first few days, you need time to bond with the baby.


Enjoy being a mom, its a great feeling.


Congrats %26amp; Good Luck!
Hey! I was kind of in your boat a year ago...I turned 21 while I was pregnant (still have to celebrate that birthday lol). Not only am I a college student, but I had to do everything by myself since my bf of two years decided he couldn't handle...who knows (starting to change his mind, thank goodness!).





Aaaanyway, one thing you definitely need to do is stay active! Spend some time each day working out while the weather is nice...cardio, light weights, whatever you like to do...it will help you stay or get in shape!


Eat healthy, avoid lunchmeat, all of that stuff....


Get as much sleep as you possibly can! You and your little baby need the rest to stay healthy!


Make sure you're going in for your monthly check-ups...really, it just comes down to taking care of yourself!


(Also, I forgot: if you can, take a prenatal class or something similar...make sure you're educated about everything that's happening with your body, your baby's body, etc. Find reliable resources--friends, family...also good for hand-me-downs!)





I'd definitely say have a baby shower...it helped me IMMENSELY! I'd set up my nursery and bought a lot of baby clothes on sale, but that baby shower just can't be beat!





I know it's scary (financially) to be young and pregnant, so I'd say definitely make sure you're working, doing school, or whatever--you know what you need to do to get by that way. Start planning now for the future and know that your time will be very limited. For instance, I knew that I wouldn't have as much time for school after I had my son, so I took 17 credit hours last summer so I could hurry up and graduate, get a teaching job, and take care of my son without help from the government!


And as far as all of that's concerned, like I said--do what you need to do. I hate having to get help in that way, but it's there to help people who need it...I pay taxes, and I won't be on it forever. Oh, and get WIC if you can! It helps a lot!


Hmm...I know I've run my mouth, but I hope all of this can help you a little bit!
first, i just wanted to say congratulations!!





* Start getting the nursery ready while you still have enough energy so it's fully prepared. Maybe start around 4th month.





* After you finished the nursery (even if you didn't) have a baby shower around the 6th or 7th month.





* Around the 7th or 8th month start getting the baby food (gerbers)


http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.d鈥?/a>





* Start getting baby clothes, diapers, bottles, bibs, highchairs, cribs, toys, carseats, ecy...





http://www.walmart.com/baby
Attempt to breastfeed. Start researching it now so you will be aware of problems you could encounter and that way you will not just quit-- you'll know what you can do to solve your issues. Remember that it takes about 6 weeks and then from there its much, much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment