Saturday, August 21, 2010

Some tips of advice please..?

me and my boyfriend are planning on getting married...Im only 17 at the moment, I'm going to be 18 in April and he is going to be 19 in August...I love him and I definitely want to spend the rest of my life with him and I don't have any second thoughts what so ever, and I know that he is very serious. We are planning our wedding for July 25th 2009...I don't know how my parents will react to it...seeing as how my sister got married at 18 and got divorced 3 yrs later. What do you think is the best way to bring it up to my parents?Some tips of advice please..?
Theres no age limit to marriage. My mom was 18 when she was married and Im 21 and getting married in October. Some people just find it sooner. And thats FINE. Im marrying my best friend who Ive been with for 5 years and people shouldnt tell you to get out and live it up and ';find yourself';. What better way to grow and learn than with your best friend?


You really need to tell your parents asap because planning a wedding is a huge task. You're not your sister, and they shouldnt think you are. Your boyfriend asking your parents would be something I would suggest.Some tips of advice please..?
I would have him as for your hand in marriage. That way, your parents are included, he is being respectful and they already have a heads up. He should do it while you are not around. If he wants to keep with tradition he should only ask the father.





If you don't want to go that way, well, brave the store and tell them together. Openly and Honestly. Be as adult as possible. Explain to them this is what you want to do and that you need there support, not financially but emotionally.





Stand on your own two feet.
Well I'm kind of a traditional old fart. I think that the best time and way for your parents to find out is from your boyfriend asking your father for his permission and blessing.
sit your parents down with his and explain your plan. of course they're gonna freak out at first. they're losing their baby. you might want a 3rd party there to mediate?
If you're not mature enough to be able to tell your parents without worrying about how they're going to react, then you're not mature enough to get married.





The reason your sister got divorced may have been the abuse--but don't kid yourself, she and her husband were young when they got married, and marriage is tough, tough stuff. It can bring the worst out in a person, which sets it up for an abusive relationship.





Do yourself a favor, get an education, go to college, LIVE life as an independent adult (which you haven't done yet) and THEN get married. I firmly believe you aren't ready for marriage until you've lived independently--and support yourself both emotionally and financially.

No comments:

Post a Comment