Thursday, August 19, 2010

Need Tips or Advice for cleaning a residents mouth at the nursing home I'm working at.?

The Resident just had had surgery on his throat due to cancer and has a G-Tube therefore can not eat or drink nothing. It looks as if no one for days has swabbed or cleaned his mouth/tongue. I feel so bad for him. Hes to weak to do anything for him self I tried scrubbing with a tooth brush. The build up dont seem to want to come off. Does anyone have any advice on loosing up the nasty stuffNeed Tips or Advice for cleaning a residents mouth at the nursing home I'm working at.?
I would be using the lemon glycerine swabs myself, they not only clean they moisturise. It is criminal the state that some peoples mouths get into while in care. It is very difficult to clean when there is an NPO order .

No comments:

Post a Comment