Thursday, August 19, 2010

Any tips or advice with dealing with shyness?

Okay so I've been having troubles being open around my friends and the boy that i really really like. I'll see my them at the mall all the time and other places, and i'm so shy around them that it's awkward. I've been this way my whole life but I am just realizing that it's a problem. It's even ruining my chances of being with the boy I like. He told me that he thinks I'm pretty and stuff but whenever I see him then it's just so awkward. My shyness is the only thing I hate about myself, I need help with this :/


Please don't give me lame answers like ';OMGZ JUSS BE URSELF AROUND DEM. OR JUSS DNT BE FRIEND WIT EM.';


yeah lol, and don't answer me talking like that. i hate it rofl.Any tips or advice with dealing with shyness?
Well it's tough when you're young and inexperienced in most things. What you need is experience which breeds confidence. So get involved socially. And don't be so self conscious. Any tips or advice with dealing with shyness?
Ohhh no, it's perrrrrfectly understandable to be this way! I am the same way!


I feel so lame all the time because I never get to talking to the guys that I like. I just have to pretend to myself that I don't like him really. And that he's just a friend. But sometimes that works in opposite for me. I wind up not getting what I want.


But I've found that working in baby steps is the best way to overcome shyness. It's not necessarily that I'm shy, it's just that I'm not always comfortable with people that I don't thoroughly know, especially when they're guys.


I'm a loudmouth with my family and my cousins. I can sometimes be loud with some friends, but I have to get comfortable.
I used to be really shy too.





You have to take small steps.





Some of the things I did:





Realize that if I say something stupid or that doesn't make sense, it wont be the end of the world. I would think about situations where I might do or say something dumb and then imagine what other peoples reactions would be.





Practice smiling at people even ones you don't know, and see how they react.





I'll add more stuff later I have to go.
I believe in the ';Start small, finish big'; method in approaching shyness(Or really any fear that you may have).





I used to be painfully shy as well. My biggest issue? I was so self-conscious of what people would think of me/feared making a fool of myself in public. It was completely paralyzing.





It's crazy how when you realize how little people think about things that to you, seem like a mountain, that you eventually stop caring so much about them.





Remember, though. One of the most important thing to people, is validation. Best way to break the ice. You showing interest in his interests. Easiest interests to find common ground on(I.E Asking him if he's on Facebook), are musical interests, artistic interests, and anything of the sort. Once the ice is broken, it'll only get easier from there.





Want to practice on your shyness? Again, start small finish big. Practice on people you'll never see again. Go shopping in an area you never shop in. Ask the cashier how they're doing.


Once you build up the confidence, engage them into a small talk conversation.





Try it in a busy store once you gain confidence. It's crazy how quickly the ease of talking to strangers will become to you.





Next time you see the guy, smile, and do the very same.





Anyways, best of luck! Hope you end up landing the guy.






The fact that you have regular friends, including a boy you like, mean's you're not really that shy to the point of needing medical help.





You don't say how old you are but you sound normal for a young teenager.





A lot of adults have genuine social problems that cripple their life.





Just try to take a step back and talk to this boy you like. You need something in common, at least friendship, to start anything further.









No comments:

Post a Comment