Saturday, August 21, 2010

Any tips or advice or am I screwed here?

I started dating this 29 year old women who is divorced and has a 2 year old son named Jacob, I am 23 but very mature for my age. When we first met neither one of us thought anything was ever going to get serious between us but it did soon enough, we were spending every night with eachother and I think she liked me much more then I liked her. Things were near perfect between US but she had lots of problems, she takes anti depresents and drinks and aparently those things do not mix well, she cuts herself with a razor when she is sad (I believe she does it for attention), and she is diagnosed bipolar, these things were always a concern of mine and she always told me how i helped her and made her so happy. We broke up about a month ago and I have tried everything to get her back, and all of a sudden the sweet, caring,loving girl that would of done ANYTHING for me has turned into another person, she pushes me away so bad and is so mean to me all of a sudden saying that she needs space toAny tips or advice or am I screwed here?
This is what it's like to be in a relationship with a mentally ill person: Up and down, up and down, and tons and tons of drama. My advice is for you to forget about her and move on. She needs help that you can't give her, and she is not your responsibility. You are obviously a very caring person, and if you keep hanging out with her, she will suck the life out of you. She's not a bad person, but she is an ill person, and you're in over your head. Just move on.Any tips or advice or am I screwed here?
Give her some space for a while... It sounds like shes going threw some stuff right now but make sure she knows your there if she needs you by doing things like the flowers for V-day was good. Send her a card and tell her how you feel and then wait for her. If its meant to be it will find a way. Things happen for a reason!
Her aggression towards you might be the result of her bipolar disorder. See, people with a bipolar personality are a lot like 2 people living in a single person's body. One moment they're cheerful, the next minute they're lashing out at even their loved ones. Has she been taking any medicines to control her bipolar behavior? Oh, but with her alcoholic problems I think the medication would do more harm than good. Anyway, hope this helped.
Give her some space. Sounds like she needs it.
You only make up 50% of a relationship. It sounds to me that you have done more than your fair share to keep the relationship. It is up to her to now. She has to work on getting herself better. Often times we do not want to abandon those we care about, and cause ourself uneccesarry suffering.


At this point she has become toxic. She is like a sinking ship, and if you stay around her she will take you down with her. Then you will be no good to her and yourself.


She needs to help herself. If she does, then pursue her again, but for now stay away.
I feel bad for you, but she will make you feel a great deal worse if she doesn't give up the alcohol. Taking antidepressants and then drinking is just stupid. The two don't mix. She has some serious mental health issues, and while you may think you love her... she isn't capable of loving back consistently and won't be until she gets herself into therapy and stops drinking.


I too suggest you move on and forget her, you can't help her, and apparently she won't help herself.
Sounds like she has some mental problems and you will probably deal with these kind of problems for the rest of your lives if you stay together but i doubt you have heard the last from her. If i were you i wouldn't get too close right now and just be her friend

No comments:

Post a Comment