Thursday, August 19, 2010

Any tips or advice for a senior photo shoot?

I am SOO new to this...seriously. I'm usually the type of person that shys away from this type of stuff, but senior photos are senior photos, there's no avoiding it (unless there's something pple r keeping from me!).





I've never been to a photo shoot before, let alone strike a pose in front of a camera that's senior-photos-worthy. So I desperately need some advice...or any tips that would come in handy.





And PLUS...I hate the way I smile for photos...I look back at them and realize ';wow..what was I thinking?';. Anyways, I already found the place...now I just need the advice....and no inappropiate answers please.Any tips or advice for a senior photo shoot?
WOW - Senior photos / Shoot can be so much fun. A lot of photographers may have a set way they do them, but hey this is for you, and you are paying. So, don't shy away from suggesting things that you like, or would look great because it would show who you are. I have seen people who take their photos with their dogs, or if they play a musical instrument, or if they are into sports, etc....


Take clothes you like.


I think outdoor location shots have so much more character than just studio shots in front of a background.


As far as smiling goes - if you don't like your smile, don't smile. Or practice smiling in the mirror and see if you can make it better, or even try the old slight smile without showing teeth.Any tips or advice for a senior photo shoot?
I think a bridge is quite appropriate for the occasion and you may feel more comfortable in natural light, maybe surrounding trees and pretty scenery. as for smile advice, when I worked with photographers they would tell me to let my smile ';grow'; from grin to giggle and get a bunch of rapid shots for a candid, natural look. and even if your aren't so girly, wear some makeup to show off your features on film :D good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment