Saturday, August 21, 2010

Any tips/info/advice/opinions on getting a tattoo on your side?

I'm thinking (seriously) about getting a tattoo on my side/rib area right below my bra strap. Its going to be a sea turtle swimming down and towards the front of me with some water swirls and three ilima flowers. One of the fins is going to have a few spots shaped and darkened in the shape of the hawaiian islands. The whole thing is in memoir of my time living in hawaii. I grew alot as a person and it was just two of the most important years of my life. I just turned eighteen and it is my first tattoo. I know this is a painful spot and this is a kind of ambitious choice for a first tattoo. just wondering what you guys had to say. Attractive spot? ThanksAny tips/info/advice/opinions on getting a tattoo on your side?
I would stick with the location as this is sounding like a beautiful tattoo. Pick an artist that is going to do a really good job for you - check his/her work carefully to see if the style is realistic enough for you as this down not sound good to be done cartoonish. A pro will be certain you have enough breaks and you won't have sessions so long that it is unbearable for you.





Be sure you are healthy, (best pain tolerance right after you finished your period), you had a good night sleep, no drinking the night before or day of, and you have a solid light meal like a turkey sandwich with cheese on whole wheat bread an hour or so before the tattooing. Be well hydrated and maybe bring some suckers for sugar boosts.





All will be fine!Any tips/info/advice/opinions on getting a tattoo on your side?
I LOVE THE IDEA!


If your ribs stick out a bit then it will hurt more. Make sure you eat before you go in so that you do not pass out. Not that it will hurt so bad you want to pass out, but your body sometimes responds negatively without food in it.


If it is really meaningful to you, then the pain only makes you appreciate it more.
It's actually not that bad. I've got stars up my left side. Some shaded in fully some with a little shading and some not shaded at all. It was very quick and little pain. I honestly almost fell asleep during the process.
i have writing down my ribs and for me it was bloody pain full..


I love that spot on chicks though!


I def recommend that spot just not the pain.
hello! i just got my ribs done back in may, and i dont regret it at all.





the pain wasn't that bad for me, it was more of an irritating sting than anything else. just make sure when/if u get it done you breathe more out of ur stomach (diaphragm) than ur lungs because if u keep moving ur ribs up and down itll hurt more. the pain i would say was the worst when he got to the top of the curve of each rib bone, but again, it wasnt that bad. as long as u stay still and make sure u dont breathe heavily youll be fine.





when/if you get it done, wear a tank top/cami you dont mind getting ink all over, because you probably will end up with at least some on ur clothes. my artist just taped my cami right under my armpit after rolling it up so my ribcage was fully exposed, but my boobs kept hidden. that way i didnt have to lay there in a bra...dont bother bringing a book or anything because youll be laying down on ur side the entire time. just bring a friend to talk to or an MP3 player to listen to. and relax. its not as painful as anyone says it is!





i think the ribcage is an awesome spot to get inked. as long as you get it high enough, it wont stretch if you one day become pregnant (im assuming ur a girl) and its obviously very easy to hide! its a big part of ur body so its a lovely canvas for an artist to work on!
sounds like it would look very nice there. i got my first tattoo in the same spot. and now im working on another larger piece on the other side. well it is pretty painful but you just have to get in ';the zone'; when you go to get worked on. thinking about it too much will psych you out. ive bailed out on an appointment before just from thinking about the hours ahead when im on my way to the shop to get worked on. if its something you want, you can bare through it. also something you could ask your artist to do is work in a few different spots in one session. (if your piece will take multiple sittings) for example, my artist will work on my ribs for a while, then he will switch to the fattier area on my tummy, and then back to the ribs. its kind of a relief to go back and forth from the more painful spots to the less painful ones. if your artist is willing to do this it really helps.


good luck!!
  • online cosmetic
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment