Thursday, August 19, 2010

TTC Tips and Advice =]?

I have been TTC since Jan 09 after getting off the pill (I was on yas then yasmin/ocella since Oct 07). I have cut out unhealthy lifestyle choices, started taking prenatal vitamins, and chart my cycles %26amp; am going to start charting my BBT. Did it help any of you guys out a lot once you started charting your BBT? I just keep hoping it will happen soon, my hubby and I are still young and I dont have PCOS or anything like that.TTC Tips and Advice =]?
bbt charting helped me a lot it helped me to figure out that I don't ovulate until cd23! If I had been just going off of when I am ';supposed'; to ovulate then I would be missing my fertile time completely. I also recommend if you can get a clear blue easy fertility monitor. This really is helping me too. It IDs 1-5 high fertile days and 2 peak days per month so you know when to bd. I know they can be expensive in the stores ($150 and $50 for test sticks) but you can get them way cheaper on ebay. I got a brand new one for $60 and can usually find sticks for about $30 or less. You just have to watch for a good deal and watch expiration dates on anything you buy from ebay (opks, fertility monitor test sticks, pregnancy test, etc) cause people do sell expired one and I don't knoe if they will properly work.TTC Tips and Advice =]?
I remember the frustrations of TTC. I too was on Yaz, and it took me 13 months after coming off of it to get pregnant. I would keep up with the prenatals and healthy lifestyle, and charting is GREAT. However, it's so much more than just charting. I charted and couldn't understand how I kept failing. Then I bought the book ';Taking Charge of Your Fertility'; for a pretty cheap price off Amazon.com, (it's also sold in bookstores) after reading that I discovered my luteal phase wasn't long enough. I bought Progesterelle oil and PreSeed lubricant and BAM! Pregnant my first month. You can check out my profile, and look at the questions I've asked. I posted one on there in May or June about advice to all women TTC, it's very detailed.


With that being said, good luck and just know that sometimes you can do everything right and still not succeed. It really can be a time game. I wish you the best and hope you find success soon!


Seriously though-BUY that book!!! :)
hiya.


you should try an ovulation predictor kit. these can tell you which days youre most fertile and more likely to conceive :).


dont worry about it, it will happen :).


hope this helped :)
It will happen soon :)





Be patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment