Saturday, August 21, 2010

Photography advice and tips, please?

amatuer doesnt even begin to describe myself as a photographer


I dont want to become one for a career, its clearly just a hobby


but can anyone go to my flickr and give me advice or tips?





link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/teaspooooon/?deleted=3754390500Photography advice and tips, please?
Here is my favorite link for new photographers:





http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.j鈥?/a>





I enjoyed your Photostream. You have some nice shots for your album, and a few that show budding awareness of composition, lighting and color. As a hobby photographer, you are free to shoot what you like and then manipulate them to suit yourself. I was glad to see your restraint in post processing, and lack of self portraits in the bathroom mirror! My favorites are your building shots, the street with the colorful buildings, and those with the colorful doors are attractive and great subjects. Thank you for not doing selective color on those.





There are many avenues for learning more about the craft. Visit the library for a book on basic photography. Even if you don't want to do it for a career, it will help you produce better shots if you learn the basics of how exposure is formed through ISO, shutter speed and aperture. ';Understanding Exposure';, by Bryan Peterson is a great book to read for any level photographer. Learn about composition especially. I am not sure how much manual control you have over your Coolpix, so learning to use light and composition in your photography will give you better pictures even shooting on auto.





Look at good images in mainstream publications that interest you, and on good websites. Pay attention to the composition and lighting. Learn to see and use good light when you see it.





Good luck with your photography. Continue to learn and practice and enjoy for a lifetime. Happy shooting!Photography advice and tips, please?
I am a professional photographer but love to help those who show an interest. I didn't go to the flickr website to look at your pictures and heres why...photos are in the eye of the beholder. Photography is an Art. A picture that evokes emotion in you may be boring to someone else. I was so happy to read that you don't want to do it for a career, only as a hobby. Words for thought...'better photographers' are passionate about the art. I had a lot of things going on in my life and even though I'm a professional I've never used it for a career. I never wanted to feel pressured to take any type of picture assignment. There are some very good websites that you can start crafting your passion. Like www.canon.com. After taking a gazillion pictures over the past 45 yrs. I can go through a 'photo shoot' print set for a girl that needs a portfolio, a couple that is getting married, etc. and still come across pictures I shot that literally takes my breath away! Feel free to email me if intrested.
It's obvious to me that you at least understand what makes a interesting picture.





The way i think about it this, would someone pay you for it.





If not, then you need to try harder. It doesn't have to be so literal though. Some of the best pictures of all time are horrible technically.





Photography is all about creativity, light and composition, that's it.





I am a photography major at college, and the one thing that stands out more than any other is if it's a interesting picture, that is the key.





So open up your mind and if if it goes in some bizarre direction, embrace it. The thing with creativity is that it's hard work, so what I do is to start with a concept, write it down then expand on the idea, let your mind wonder into the absurd. Work it until you have a picture in your mind that is possible, if not possible, then figure how you can make it happen anyway (great time to learn about photoshop montage).





Remember this, great pictures are never taken, they are a result of hard work, insight and planning.
You do have a good eye for photos. I liked that you don't overphotoshop, like some people do. Photography is about capturing an image, not making one up. People will like that your photos tell the truth. If you are photoshopping them, your photos were convincing enough to look real. Great job so far! You might want to invest in a film camera. You can use the settings to customize images, and you have much more control over your image in a darkroom.
Hello one of the best things you can do is visit sites on the internet which provide lots of helpful information. Learn the basis like exposure, aperture, shutter speeds etc and practice this with your shots. You can also join online communities which can help you learn what went wrong with a shot and what you can do to improve it. Please check these sites: http://digital-photography-school.com/, http://photo.net/learn/, http://www.photoxels.com/digital-photography-tutorials.html, http://nevillelobo.net/
I am no expert %26amp; new to digital.


Some good shots there.


I tend to link individual images to questions I post here, it is easier for others to make a judgement or give advice on bettering it.
WWW. SHUTTERBUG.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment