Monday, August 23, 2010

Advanced Cheerleading tryouts?? Tips and advice?

I am on a level 3 team right now and really want to make the level 4 team. This is their requirements : Advanced to elite level cheerleaders. You don't have to tumble buts its highly recomended. .. Which I can't tumble. My jumps aren't the greatest and neither is my dancing ability. I am on my high school team which has made me a great base, but still haven't done much basing on my all-star team. Do you think its possible for me to make the advanced team, and can anyone help me and give tips to prepare for advanced team tryouts????Advanced Cheerleading tryouts?? Tips and advice?
I hate to say it, but get tumbling. Even if it's just a back hand spring, it helps a LOT. I was on a level 5 All Star team for a little bit about a year ago, and I barely made it without tumbling, and I ended up quitting because I couldn't keep up with the rest of the girls. Now I'm a level 6 cheerleader (for my college) and I have a roundoff back hand spring, but I don't have any standing tumbling and it's awful.


I think it's possible for you to make SOME level 4 All Star teams, but not all of them. Just bust your butt in tumbling, and stretch every morning and night and work on jumps! They can be an eye-catcher, too.Advanced Cheerleading tryouts?? Tips and advice?
the easier things you can do is work on your jumps, flexibility, strength, and dance ability. to work on these, stretch as much as possible. do straddles, half straddles, butterflies, oversplits, pikes, splits, bridges, and lunges. this will help your jumps a lot! also do ab exercises. this will help your tumbling, jumps, and stunting. Do push ups, pull ups, and handstands for even more upper body strength. work on your jumps everyday! for the dances, look up on youtube some hip hop dances and try to learn them. look up something like step by step hip hop dances. keep working on that and it will help a lot! for tumbling sign up for a private tumbling lesson. try to get your back handspring, round-off back handspring, back tuck, just any tumbling really. just keep working and you will get better! good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment