Saturday, August 21, 2010

Need tips and advice for sculpting?

ok so I'm taking a sculpting course next year and I am not that great. I want to be decent before I start the class. i already know the terminology and stuff but when it comes to actually making a piece i have trouble. if anyone has any tips on sculpting such as use this tool to make this pattern or something that would be appreciated.


also I have a little piece of this clay type thing that doesn't dry out that I have been working with. I have been trying to make a mini dragon. i have trouble with the face if anyone has a good website or suggestions that would be appreciated.Need tips and advice for sculpting?
';I want to be decent before I start the class.';


And here I thought the purpose of taking a class was learning how to do it. In working with plasticine clay, you are probably adding clay and shaping it. For the class, you will probably also have to learn sculpting by removal of material as in marble, soap, and plaster block. The tools used are quite different between the two (addition and subtraction) and almost none of them are ';this tool for this pattern'; like they would be in ceramics/pottery surface treatments.


I would think working on a face of a mini-dragon would be a lesson in frustration - take the clay and make just a head or get more clay so you are working on something the size a lemon or bigger, not something an inch long or less. Since dragons are subject to the artist's imagination, be sure you have an image you like to copy from.
  • online cosmetic
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment