Monday, August 23, 2010

I just go my braces off n got my retainer...any advice or tips?

You are so lucky! =) well I just had mine for like 3 months





Wear your retainers! I have seen people that didn't wear them and now they are paying the consequences. So wear them i know I will.I just go my braces off n got my retainer...any advice or tips?
dont forget to wear your retainer when your suppose to because other wise they will change againI just go my braces off n got my retainer...any advice or tips?
Yes.....WEAR IT! I don't mean just at night or only when studying either LOL Put that thing in, keep it in at all times (except when eating/brushing!) I spent 5 years in braces and when I got my retainer I thought ';Who needs more stuff in my mouth?'; and tossed it aside. Within a month the space in my front teeth was beginning to spread apart again. Awful! I ended up having to spend another month wearing a rubber band around those two teeth and then I got a permanent retainer put in (Best thing since sliced bread IMHO.) That was 9 years ago and my teeth still look great. I know it's hard to keep something in your mouth after your braces are gone but it is soooo worth it!
that's great! i recently got my braces off too. your teeth probably feel a little weird, and you're constantly feeling them with your tongue, it's totally normal. i would have to say to wear your retainer. you don't have to do it all the time, but mostly at night. don't skip a day at all if you don't have to. if you do, wear it more the next day. it's really important. i missed a few days, and now it really hurts to have it in. even if it does, don't just not wear it, it'll only get worse. and when you go to have your next appointment, they can totally tell if you haven't been wearing it like you should, i was guilty of that one. also, i know this sounds stupid, but don't forget to brush your teeth. just because it's easier without braces doesn't mean you don't have to. believe me, when my brother got his off he didn't brush he teeth very much and they looked horrible. good luck without braces. go try to eat corn on the cob or something like that. congratulations!!!!
Congratulations!! You will probably be brushing your teeth like crazy and you tongue will be going over your teeth like crazy as well. Now you can have carmel and gum and all the other foods that you couldn't with the braces. And you don't have to worry about food being stuck in your braces!! Enjoy your new straightened teeth!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment