Saturday, July 31, 2010

I need advice on how to prepare for the Defense Language Aptitude Battery, any tips?

short answer.. you can't.





review your grammar rules and sentence structure. and get a good night's sleep the day before.I need advice on how to prepare for the Defense Language Aptitude Battery, any tips?
pretty confusing test. depends on your strengths. there are two parts, the audio portion and the written. the best thing I can tell you is to take a rosetta stone course and get used to the picture word association part. they will show you some pictures and ask you some questions based on the information given. you can do a free rosetta stone course through skillport. this will help you with part of the written. the next best thing I can tell you is refresh yourself with proper grammer techniques in english writing. it will make the other portion of the written test easier if you have a good understanding of grammer rules. as for the audio portion, good luck there is nothing I can say but pay attention, dont get flustered, and do your best.I need advice on how to prepare for the Defense Language Aptitude Battery, any tips?
Studying grammar rules of different languages will help, as well as good cognitive thinking skills. Being able to do simple ';process of elimination'; will also be a great help. The test itself is designed to be confusing and to test your ability to learn a foreign language and, often times, this skill is something that is entirely different from normal ideas of ';intelligence';.





Coming from someone who scored a 132 (passing score is 100), I thought I'd failed miserably when I walked out of the test. Good luck!
personally, i'm thinking about taking the dlab sometime in the future and my plan is using the rosetta stone courses. if your in the army, rosetta stone is free!





active army guy

No comments:

Post a Comment