Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sprinting tips and advice given to me by some sprint track dude.... any advice mutch appreciated?

I met some guy who use to run track to a very good standard who said I had a good set of lungs on me and that I should try 200m.... he said tho altho I was quick I ran heavy and when your running you shouldn't really hear mutch noise at all and also he told me to run on the front of my feet like high on the toes... altho running like this makes me feel like im running slower, what you guys think? run how i usuly run ... or on my toes like this dude told me..Sprinting tips and advice given to me by some sprint track dude.... any advice mutch appreciated?
keep your it on the balls of your feet because it actually makes you faster but your mind thinks your slowing down but you are actually speeding. keep practicing on your toes and later watch the resultsSprinting tips and advice given to me by some sprint track dude.... any advice mutch appreciated?
it is indeed ideal to run on the tip of you feet when running short distances such as the 100m or 200m. By doing so you can add more force, hence make bigger steps which is crucial. running on the tip of the feet is especially more effective when you use spikes. Spikes are indispensible in competitive running. the shoes are lighter and give you a better grip n the track.


when i made the switch to spikes running 100m, i shaved off at least a second off my best time.
Start off on your toes but also run flat footed.





If you run on your toes too much you can get a stress fracture at the tip of your foot.





Toes, when sprinting the toes are the way to go always. It makes it so that you get as much force out of as little contact with the ground as possible. if you use the flat part of your foot more motion is involved in the actual action of stepping witch can greatly reduce your overall time in the said dash by nearly 2 seconds if you are running at a consistent speed of 12 mph. Good luck with your race =]

No comments:

Post a Comment