Saturday, July 31, 2010

16yr old boy, trying to fight his anorexia! Tips and advice would be most appreciated?

Hey all, i'm 16 , 6ft 1 and at my lowest weighed 6st 6. Now im 7 stone 8 and trying hard to maintain and gain. Because i've grown used to skipping meals for so long, i know ill find it hard to reintroduce a schedule and plan back into my life. i need to start slow obviously. Today i went a bit indulgent and had a medium deep pan pizza from the hut as well as two big bowls of cereal and other stuff. one day doesnt matter does it? especially after ive starved myself so long?


My main problem is body dismorphic disorder, concerning my legs. i hate thinking that they are fat e.g. my thighs and calves. any tips whats best to keep them slender? (besides from running, which is obvious)





also whats a good and light breakfast for me to have, i dont really like too much stodgy cereal e.t.c.


good light lunch?


and what foods should i be eating to build myself up again :)








also any tips to help me stop thinking / panicking about my legs getting big?16yr old boy, trying to fight his anorexia! Tips and advice would be most appreciated?
it's ok to indulge in fast food once in a while but don't take it as a substitute for healthy food .


well there are many options .i hav listed some below .u can pick anything that u would like to have





breakfast:-a banana,cereal,brown bread with sprouts and lil mayonnaise will do or u can drink a glass of juice or milk .


lunch:-eat some salads, chapatis ,lot's of raw veggies ,flavoured curd or any juice


dinner:-u can treat urself with some fish or chiken with pancakes and ice cream !!!!!!


for ur legs i can say fink positive and get a G.F. it really works!!!


well it's all my knowledge says .hope u'll recover soon16yr old boy, trying to fight his anorexia! Tips and advice would be most appreciated?
i knwo how you feel mate. I'm 16 y/o male and have anorexia but the lowest i got to was 71/2st. I'm 5ft 8inch. I'm now 9 st and on the border of being healthy. The only way i got there was thinking positively. I wanted to join a gym but couldn't because of my weight. So every week, when i put on weight, i kept saying to myself the sooner the weight goers on the sooner i get to go to the gym. It worked aswell. I promise you mate, you ned to be at least 10st to be healthy. With your questions, it won't affect your weight gain having a couple of days a week where you eat junk food, as your body is still trying to repair itself, your metabolism is mesed up. Your mind is telling you when your legs are fat whebn ther enot, i was the same with my stomach, but it's all in the mind. Get a second opinion from someon you really trust. Keep going my friend, it's hard journey but you'll get there in the end. Add me as a friend if you weant some more advice, i'm always happy to help soemone who needs some advice. Good luck mate!
You can afford to eat what you want, the only thing that stops you is your anorexic mind. Your legs can't be much slimmer, though exercises as running may make them look bigger for a healthy person, as you will build muscles, but with your current weight it is not likely to believe that your body are able to gain muscles, the main priority would be to keep you alive.





Not all people survive when they get so underweighted as you was, and most people would have to be treated at a hospital before that. Have you ever received any treatment? Haven't you got a diet plan to follow or a nutritionist or doctor you can talk with and ask questions? If you haven't I would strongly recommend you to contact one immediately, because you need help to deal with this.





I don't know how I can make you stop thinking about your legs, but they are at least not fat. You are very underweight, so you will most likely have thinner legs than everyone you see, even skinny girls.
Even though I'm a girl, I think I can relate because at one point in time, I skipped many meals as well.





What I usually do when I start thinking ';I'm so fat'; is to get into my favorite outfit and stand in front of the mirror and just look at all the good points about myself. But maybe that could be a girl thing. :P





Protein is good for building muscle and things like that. Maybe dairy products as well. I don't know much about weight gain, as I never had a problem of being too thin.

No comments:

Post a Comment