Thursday, July 29, 2010

Going out of state for school ..any tips or advice?..?

I'm going as a transfer student to UNM, but I reside in Midwest


I'm 21. My folks are not too happy..but I have friends in CO


if anything happens.





I'm getting help from the government through FAFSA


and ***hopefully my folks sign a loan*** to help me pay for the rest, as I don't have enough credit.,





I've done enough research on this school, and spoken to an alumni who went in for the same major as I, and it suits what I'm looking for.





I'll be living in the dorms for comfortability.





Any tips or advice you have or stories would be great!





How did YOU deal with going out of state and how's it been so far ?..


pros and cons..





I know it'll change me in a lot of ways, and obstacles will arise..but I do have faith..


I'm going try to make it through..Going out of state for school ..any tips or advice?..?
i'm from los angeles,ca and i currently go to the university of houston. The first thing you should think about before decide is the location of the school. Is it in a city you can deal with and feel comfortable in? Look up fun things to do in that state or city before you go. Out of state fees are crazy so try to find a job in that state as soon as possible and apply for residency after your first year.The pros for me is the distance from my parents they cant just pop up on me.The friends i have now i other states. so if your like me and like to travel you always have someone you know in that state. The cons are the out of state fees. the weather in houston compared to los angeles.... big difference. But it's a great expirence being some where new.

No comments:

Post a Comment