Saturday, July 31, 2010

No car, baby due in August...winter travel tips and advice for mum of 2 boys?

I am due near the end of August with another large little man. My first born will be nearly a year and a half at that, and he's also a big boy for his age. I have a good jogging stroller for my son, thats great through the snow, and have purchased a chest carrier for my newborn, so that I can take them out with me when my hubby is at work.





What was your experiences, with having two young children in tow during fall and winter? I am hoping to learn from others mistakes or experiences before I create my own lol. :)





I live in Northern Ontario, so take alot of snow into consideration, and the fact that it will take me a few months to feel able to get around easily enough. (it took me 4mths to start getting back into shape after my first was born). I had a hard delivery with plenty of damage done that I had to recover from, on top of lots of weight loss.No car, baby due in August...winter travel tips and advice for mum of 2 boys?
omg....I live in Alberta so TRUST ME I understand the winter dilema....good call planning so early, lets be honest, this is Canada and it could snow again tomorrow...lol.....





the chest carrier is probably your best bet and continue the stroller for your oldest. I suspect that if you can manage with a carrier for the baby for awhile you should get through the worst parts of winter before needing a new stroller. The only thing to watch is that you are careful walking and dont slip on black ice as baby will be in front of you....





IF you can find a double jogger that would probably be ideal once baby is bigger and harder to carry, but I dont know how well it would manuver in heavy snow....





I'm not much help to you am I???? lol...





stick with the carrier and jogger for now, you can always upgrade if you have to (and man will you get a workout pushing a double through the snow)





good luck and congrats on the new little guy!!!!No car, baby due in August...winter travel tips and advice for mum of 2 boys?
Considering the amouunt of snow, would it be feasible to use a buggy with skis attached? I don't know how handy your husband is with tools, but he could rig something, unless somebody already makes something like that.





Thanks!
You may want to see if you can trade in your single jogging stroller for a double one? It will probably make your life worlds of easier.
try local bike shops for a jogging double stroller, most strollers that are jogging and double can be converted to be pushed by a bike and they have super wide baskets to get your groceries!. I got mine at the bike shop in nanaimo, bc. I tell ya that once my second one comes in october, with not having a car my bike trailer will come in handy with the 3 foot snowfalls we have to put up with!
consider adoption.

No comments:

Post a Comment