Saturday, July 31, 2010

Song writing tips, 10 points for most helpful advice

I am completely awful when it comes to lyrics of songs I'm ok with every instrument but lyrics are awful for me any advice





Details, I'm an indie music artist who looks for lyrics that make people think Song writing tips, 10 points for most helpful advice
start simple. don't worry about trying to come up with the most creative way to say something. just say what you mean with as few words as possible. all a song is is your own interpretation of the world around you. spend time outside, at a mall - observing...and looking within yourself. how do you feel about love? life? your dog? pretty much anything lol - it's all subjective and the only one who ever has to know a song's meaning is you...but songs that become hits are usually universally applicable to life...but start with you :)Song writing tips, 10 points for most helpful advice
Write down ANY thoughts you have at any time. Not as lyrics, just as thoughts. Then go back and try to work them into some music.
Well, when I was in school, our English teacher gave us some good advice on poetry. She said to stay up after 12 at night(or any time you consider late). She said you open up more and write more meaningfully. It worked quite well for me if I recall. Maybe it will work for you. Give it a go, what have you got to lose? Except a few hours sleep perhaps. Good Luck to you!
take drugs
When I write lyrics I think of little quirky things about my day. You could write about a tape dispenser and make it sound romantic and thoughtful if you word it right. I'm not recommending that you write about office supplies, but you gotta get your inspiration somewhere.





Pay attention to your favorite songs. What is it that you like about the lyrics? Do they tell a story, make you think or what?





Whatever it is, I like to think that you can tell if the singer is connected with the lyrics instead of just singing them. So use a topic that is important to you. And try writing when you're sad or angry or happy to have your mood reflected in the words you write. Its a good release, too. :D
  • printer cartridge
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment