Thursday, July 29, 2010

DANCE EXAM tomorrow! any tips or advice please. im so stressed about it, and i know my nerves will put me off?

im 14. and i have my dance exam tomorrow! i don't feel ready, but i know i am, i mean, i know all the work and i want to get the highest mark possible. my dance teacher said i have about a 97-98% chance of getting it, and no ones ever gotten that mark before. but the thing is the pirouettes are seriously letting me down, and i will be so SO nervous, il be shaking. and i don't think i will be able to dance my best, or how i usually dance because il be so nervous that my focus and concentration wont be so good so il probably make a mistake. i want to dance my very best. but i cant, because of my nerves. what should i do?? what are some tips and advice please?!


so far, im going to get a good nights sleep. the exams quite early. and im going to have a glass of milk. and that's it. but what are some tips and that for and during the exam and nerves?


oh and the pirouettes that are letting me down. its tomorrow, and i just cannot do them, ive tried everything. i lose my balance and fall. please please help me i know my nerves will let me down but i need allot of tips





Things i could ask myself alsoDANCE EXAM tomorrow! any tips or advice please. im so stressed about it, and i know my nerves will put me off?
Listen to the music and only the music, concentrate on yourself with the music. This will prevent you from the feeling that you are being watched and graded. Remember it is about the music and you only in your own little world. Try doing your pirouettes with this rule in mind. In stressful time like this without those skills it can prevent your body from doing what it wants to do correctly. Music, Music and you. Nobody else is there but you and the music. Good Luck and obviously your teacher knows what she is talking about when she says your chances are so high. Be confident in your own little world at the time you are dancing. YOU CAN DO IT!DANCE EXAM tomorrow! any tips or advice please. im so stressed about it, and i know my nerves will put me off?
I'm a dancer as well and when I am nervous, I just play the song over and over and do the dance in my head. And for your pirouettes, I think the only reason you are messing up is because you may be so frightened and shaky that you can't focus. Practice alot until you are confident and happy with yourself and the routine and I think you'll be fine, You must have talent if your teacher gave you that high of a percentage.
  • professional makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment