Saturday, July 31, 2010

I have 2 boys (7 & 9) they fight all the time.. any Tips or advice?

I grew up in a large family of mostly boys, 8 to be exact and 5 girls. We boys fought all the time. but when someone else tried to get into the mix, we banded together without hesitation. This is one of the things that helped us to grow strong for the challenges of life. But, if things get really out of hand, try what my wife's dad did. Make them stand there facing each other and take turns hitting each other until they are both crying. There were no rules except that you had to hit hard and my wife said it always worked for a while. We tried it on my two oldest daughters and it worked for about a month but, I don't know how it works with boys yet as there is too much of a size difference in my sons. A variation of this is to get boxing gloves or have them slap fight. It worked wonders in the army. Good luck.I have 2 boys (7 %26amp; 9) they fight all the time.. any Tips or advice?
kids are kids they fight they argue and they will get rough. I have three sisters we were just as bad as kids. Now I have twins. One yr old boy %26amp; girl. They already have their struggles. Keep instilling your family values on them. Time out corners for both. Don't assume one or the other started it if you didn't see it- they both get the punishment. If it is endangering and cruel time to look at the harder stuff. School councilers are really good at sourcing the problems with the child. Check it out- get their proffessional advice. Your beliefs in child raising plays a big part in the way to fix it. Good luck!I have 2 boys (7 %26amp; 9) they fight all the time.. any Tips or advice?
I have 3 girls, 15,13 %26amp; 10. Usually it is the 13 %26amp; 10 yr olds that fight our answer has been to seperate them for a while. Usually when they fight one or both are tired and if I can get them to calm down and stay quiet for a bit they will usually fall asleep %26amp; wake up feeling stupid for fighting and make-up on their own. I hate referreing! I keep telling them I didn't have kids to have a front row seat with the WWF! lol The best advise I can give you is to make sure you stay as calm as possible when they fight (I know it is almost impossible) it helps you deal with them more effectively. Good luck %26amp; hang in there!! :)
I have 3 boys (12, 8 and 20 months) so this a question that I have struggled with a lot over the past few years. I have a few ideas, but you have to remember they are just boys and brothers fight! My husband is one of three boys and he claims that he and his brothers fought way more than our oldest two do. I only have a younger sister and was raised by a single mother so I was not at all prepared for the way boys ';really go at it!';


Oh, and I don't mean quick hugs, I mean like standing and hugging for a few minutes.


Anyways, we punish the boys for fighting by hugging one and other. Seriously, I know it sounds crazy but it really works. The last thing they want to do is stand in the middle of the room giving each other hugs - so it really seems to work. Honestly, they are usually very close and get along pretty well. But the are much further apart in age than your two. Have them hug! Remind them they are brothers and they love each other (whether they act like it or not) and the hugging kind-of gives them a chance to ';cool off.'; Have them hug for a while - a minute or so. Not just quick hugs - too easy!
  • printer cartridge
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment