Thursday, July 29, 2010

Singing help and vocal tips? any advice?

I am an alto. my vocal style is perfect for chicago (especially when youre good to mama; and all that jazz)


i am also good at singing alot of older songs im much better at fast songs then ballads.


I have had no previous musical training and now i am in two choir classes. (the teach thinks i have a great voice... so i didnt try out... and you arent supposed to take em if you didnt take beg. choir) here comes the rub.


in Jazz choir I sing alto (which isnt problematic)


but in show choir they have me singing soprano...I can do it, but i have some problems with it.


Does anyone have any advice for this sit.?





when i sing S. i have problems keeping my notes steady (im not using my falseto tho) and loud.


I cant read music, but i learn by ear quickly and work well with the piano. any advice for that?





I also have a tendancy to switch to the voices around me. (any adv?)





i also need ways to keep my voice from getting dry... problem: i cant drink straight water, it makes me ill.Singing help and vocal tips? any advice?
K, so you sing Alto on a usual basis and you are wondering why Soprano isn't working for you.


That is the reason ~ very few people who sing Alto can switch to Soprano. Mariah Carey comes to mind ;)


Anyways, if you do have this type of skill to your voice range I would suggest that you just have to practice. You arent used to it and if you are switching mid-song to match the voices around you then you have to work on your focus issues. It just takes practice.


As for the water issue, try gatorade or add crystal lite to your bottled water.... Or try vitamin water ~ my absolute favorite is called passion fruit citrus / aqua fina.

No comments:

Post a Comment