Thursday, July 29, 2010

I want to be a dancer- Tips and advice please?

For many years I have wanted to become a dancer. I really love it and I'm good at it. I don't just want to have dance class once a week. I know that isn't very often at all. I would really love to be a.....well I don't really know the official term but I would love to dance as a backup dancer- like Hannah Montana concerts. (Not that I like Hannah Montana- I just saw my little sister's magazine) I would LOVE any advice or tips on how to get started. Thanks for anything. Please don't be mean.I want to be a dancer- Tips and advice please?
Backup dancers appear on Broadway and in music videos. It is a challenging career. The dance world is very competitive but with a lot of dedication and hard work, it's possible to become a backup dancer. If this is your dream, the steps below will help you in that pursuit.








InstructionsDifficulty: Challenging


Step 1:


Decide what kind of dancing you wish to do: for Broadway or for music videos.





Step 2:


Take dancing lessons, such as beginning jazz, beginning ballet and Hip-Hop. Dance studies can be found in the phone book or online. Take lessons for at least three years so that your training is solid and you are able to perform proficiently.





Step 3:


Move to an area where the opportunities for the dancing you like are best: New York for Broadway dancing, Los Angeles for music video dancing.





Step 4:


Learn the right places to dance and be noticed, such as discotheques or dance clubs. This information can be gained at dance studios or from other dancers.





Step 5:


Audition for an agency. The bulk of casting is done by talent agencies. Agencies are also able to inform you of upcoming auditions. Auditions are also posted online at such sites as Backstage West, or may even be posted at the dance studio where you take lessons.





Step 6:


Attend as many auditions as you can. This is the way to come under the eye of the choreographers who are casting for their shows and dance videos.





Step 7:


Never stop practicing.I want to be a dancer- Tips and advice please?
me too!!! I love dancing a lot and to be really good at it or really anything is to practice hard day and night
Sounds like fun! You Should go to google and type in back up dancers and find stuff there.


I also know this site called ExploreTalent.Com where it says what dancers, musicians, and actresses they need and where they need them. Hope this helps
practice makes perfect. create your own style dont be afraid to show what u got. go to dance classes
Okay i have been dancing since the first grade.


thats about eight years now. and your going to have


to take dance classes.


and trust me one class once a week isn't bad.


try having a dance class everyday from 3:30 to 10:00


okay!


if you really want to be a dancer you'll make the


commitmint!.


and trust im not being mean but its the truth!


:D
What type of dance do you take? I can give you advice if I know what kind you want to focus on. The one thing I CAN say is that once a week is nowhere near enough. You need to be doing multiple classes every day if you want to go pro!
I cannot stress ENOUGH the importance of dance class. Chances are, if you don't like the class, youre not going to like the career. the vast majority of your time will be spent in the studio, taking class, and perfecting your already kick-butt technique. It's meticulous work that can only be done through multiple classes a week. (at least, under normal circumstances- I mean, if your parents happen to be pros already, then that's another story... but I'm almost positive they arent) Good luck
that was my dream but now im pregnant and i cant do it

No comments:

Post a Comment