Saturday, July 31, 2010

Tips or advice for college?

I'm a senior in high school and am going to attend Northern Illinois University in the fall. I know it's a few months away but times going by so quick %26amp; it will be here before i know it so its on my mind. Does anyone have any tips or think i should prepare myself by knowing anything before i go off to college? What should i bring with me or leave back at home? I plan on living in a dorm and everything and I don't really have any friends going to the school so i'm going to be on my own. It's a whole new experience and i'm nervous about it.Tips or advice for college?
Start with a dorm list. Beside the obvious like bedding and clothes, don't forget stuff like band-aids, aspirin, tums, and things like scissors, tape, stapler and batteries. Even if you have a car, you don't want to keep running out for the little stuff.


The biggest thing in college to help you is to be organized. You alone are going to have to keep up with when papers are due, and when tests are, teachers don't remind you like in high school. A huge calendar to hang on the wall so everything is in front of you daily will help.


Northern is known as a commuter school. Lots of students live near by and go home on the weekend. Be sure to keep yourself busy. Campus life always has something going on, keep up with the activities calendar. And remember you are not alone, the whole freshman class is going to have to get use to the new experience of college life.

No comments:

Post a Comment