Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Does anyone have any tips or advice on dying/coloring locks?

I love my shoulder length locks which I started wearing about 3 years ago. I've been thinking about adding color to them, something semi-permanent. My natural hair color is a dark brown and I'd like to stay dark but i just want something that will stand out a little more while in the sunlight. I know a professional would be best but I'm really down for trying to do this on my own. Can anyone recommend any of the top over the counter products, tips, advice, websites, personal experiences, etc. on dying hair/locks.Does anyone have any tips or advice on dying/coloring locks?
First and foremost I would suggest going to a beauty supply house. Not only do they have people who can assist you but they have a wide variety of color lines and choices.


Secondly I would suggest using a neautral protein filler on your hair because it will help the color bonds ';stick'; better to your hair.


Third if you choose to go to a place such as Wal-Mart I would suggest going with Natrual Instincts, they have permanent color but over time the color does wash out. I have used Natural Instincts multiple times in combination with a filler and have been very happy with my results.





Good luck!!!Does anyone have any tips or advice on dying/coloring locks?
Nothing will stand out in the sunlight if you have naturally dark brown hair. You will have to strip (bleach)|out the locks that you want, and then dye them the color you choose.( This color should be lighter than your natural hair color.) A strawberry blonde might be catchy.Anything darker will fade out. Not entirely, but you will notice the difference.After you strip your hair, it is usually harder to maintain a darker color.Last but not least, trim often and deep condition when necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment