Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Breast reduction: tips, ideas, advice, etc.?

I am 17 years old and I am 5'1 with 34 DDD breasts. I have had overly large breasts since I was in the 6th grade, and as you can imagine, I have been ridiculed ever since.





However, the emotional aspect isn't so much a problem anymore. It is the physical problems, back pain, shoulder and neck ache, rashes...... So I have been going through the motions to get breast surgery. I have a few questions though:





How far down can I go? Can I be reduced to a full B or a conservative C from my large size?





I am about 140 lbs, so average for my height and age ( though still not exactly healthy) Should I be losing weight? Would that effect the outcome?





I have had problems with my insurance. Does anyone have ideas of surefire ways to get this surgery covered?





Anything else would be greately appreciated!!!Breast reduction: tips, ideas, advice, etc.?
APPEAL with the insurance company. Don't stop until they give in. If you have back pain or other health issues, make sure your doctors also send in letters to the insurance company.





And since you are a healthy weight, do not lose weight to lose in your breast, as that may not do anything since breasts are not just fat, but dense breast tissue that will not go away with weight loss.Breast reduction: tips, ideas, advice, etc.?
You need to have your doctor document your health problems. Once your doctor documents these problems and establishes that the these afflictions (chronic back pain, inability to sit in class or complete normal tasks, recurrent shoulder pain, etc) are affecting your quality of life then he/she might be able to convince the insurance company that it is medically necessary.





Before having this procedure research the pros/cons of of the procedure and then talk with a doctor that specializes in breast reduction. There are potential complications that you need to be aware of.





Good luck.
I'm in the same boat as you !


I haven't gotten surgery yet, but I know a little so maybe it'll help.


From my knowledge, you can get reduced as much as you want. (C is average for the record).


If you lose weight, you're breast size will decrease slightly (breasts are mostly fat).


I don't know about insurance,


But just a little tidbit of information, I tried to get one at 16, and my doctor said it's best to wait until you're at least 18, because you're still growing.


Hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment